We can all agree that reading is important, but have you ever asked yourself why that is so? In this post, I will list out some reasons why reading is important. I hope you can really find out the reason why reading is so important for you, so you can get a brand new desire to explore the world of reading. A good book can penetrate the soul and help you implement massive changes to your thinking process. I can you hear you screaming, you are a busy entrepreneur and it can be hard to fit that “reading time” in with work, family and dozens of other obligations you need to fit into your week days and weekends.
You always need that spark of imagination. Sometimes I’m midway through a book before it happens. However, I don’t wait for the muse to descend, I sit down every day and I work when I’m not delivering lambs on the farm.
When you are reading, you are actually gaining the knowledge and experience of someone. It can hasten your success towards a goal, as you don’t need to repeat the same mistake while focusing on the right path in achieving one thing. It’s like a mountain of gems for you to discover in books, which contain people’s successes, failures and advice. Always said learn from the mistakes, not necessary you have to make the mistake to learn, you can learn from someone’s mistake also.
There are many millionaires and billionaires today. To become one of them, the first thing is to learn and get to know their past, what they did in the past that makes them where they are today. Reading is a great path to get to know them, and learn from these great people.
2. It makes you smarter.
3. It develops the mind and have subject to discuss in the social circle.
4. It is how we discover new things.
5. Reading develops imagination.
6. Reading develops the creative side of people.
7. Reading expands vocabulary.
8. It is important to development.
9. Reading helps to know other people’s perspective.
10. Reading results in fruitful usage of time.
11. Reading takes us to a new world where we can’t travel physically.
12. It helps us get rid of anxieties.
13. Reading helps us from boredom and monotony.
14. Reading helps shape a person’s character.
15. Reading gives us power and understanding.
16. It creates awareness.
17. It encourages being a thinker.
18. Reading gives us various topics to be the center of attraction in gatherings.
Reading at least 20 minutes a day means you read 4800 minutes in one year! Imagine how many books you would have read in 4,800 minutes which is 80 hours. And 20 minutes a day is just 1.38th part of a day!
About: Arun Karthik
Credit: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Tons-Of-Reasons-Why-Reading-Is-Important&id=9219563] Tons Of Reasons Why Reading Is Important